Thursday, December 11, 2008

Allergies, and the sign for milk

Woke up this morning feeling like an anvil had been dropped on my head. At first I was afraid I was coming down with a cold, but I've since realized that it's allergies. Cedar, I think. Eamon woke up with a runny nose as well. My headache is gone now, but my throat has gotten worse. Damn you, allergies.

I'm pleased to report that E has made his first sign. The sign for milk. In retrospect, we can see that he's been making it for a while now, but we thought he was randomly waving hello in his high chair. No, the poor kid was trying to communicate that he wanted some milk. How confusing for him: He would sign milk and we would respond by waving enthusiastically and saying "Hi!" But we've got it all sorted out now, and I have to say it was exhilarating to communicate with him at lunchtime in this way. Now if he could only figure out "more," that would truly make a big difference.

1 comment:

cheri said...

yay for 1st signs!