Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Morning with E

E had I had such a nice moment this morning. We don't usually go outside before we head out for the morning, but it was lovely out (not oppressively hot yet the way it's been in the afternoons lately), and we had time to kill, so I opened the sliding door. We sat side by side on the back steps for a long time, sharing a huge bunch of grapes, talking to Squeaky, and watching a cardinal dart from fence to tree and back again, singing happily. The sun lit up patches of grass through the trees and the grapes broke sweetly between our teeth. It felt right and good to be together. My first baby, my love.

3 comments:

mama bee said...

This is a sweet post no matter what, but now that I've seen your place and can actually see the two of you sitting there in my mind's eye it almost made me cry to read this.

Heather said...

I'm so, so glad you guys came over. We had such a nice time. I hope we can do it again. :)

mama bee said...

We both really enjoyed coming over and we'd love to do it again too!