Saturday, September 27, 2008

3,2,1

Eamon's first birthday party starts in three hours. Woot!
TJ is leaving in a half hour to pick up his parents at the airport. They'll be staying with us till Wednesday.
It's been a challenge getting ready for a party and overnight house guests with a mobile baby-almost-toddler (who climbed to the top of the stairs all by himself yesterday), but we're actually in pretty good shape at this point in time, shock of shocks. TJ developed a horrible toothache last night that had me convinced he would be out of commission today (and that we'd be making another trip to the ER), but it miraculously went away by the morning and we've been working hard all day. (He'll be going to the dentist Monday.) Whew. I think I got about three hours of sleep over that one.

Lots of pictures to come, I'm sure, and I may even write out E's birth story over the next week. I feel like I'm finally ready.

Today I just keep thinking about how fragile and miraculous life is, how happy I am to be living and breathing on this earth, and how uncertain all our futures are. Here's to many more years together.

No comments: