Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Morning

Kids are so resilient. Too bad that doesn't carry over into adulthood. You know? E is totally fine. We gave him some Motrin yesterday when we got home from the hospital and he nursed to sleep last night and slept straight through until 5:00 this morning. What a guy. He seems to be in a great mood today despite a fat lip and this glob of pulpy, deep red skin hanging from the fat lip. The doctor said that would eventually shrivel up and fall off. As for his gum, I haven't had a chance to take a peek today yet. In the meantime, he continues to put everything in his mouth. Ouch. How can that not hurt? But whatev, it doesn't seem to phase him.

I think I slept for six hours in a row last night, by the way. If I really did, that's something of a miracle. I can count on one hand the number of times I've slept for six straight hours in the past year, not that it really matters. I don't feel more rested or anything today. But somehow it's just a good feeling, psychologically.

Incidentally, the countdown has begun for Eamon's big birthday weekend. We've got his party on Saturday (TJ's parent's are flying in from Florida and mine are driving here from Dallas and San Antonio), and then we're having a baptism for him on Sunday. We still don't know what we're making food-wise for the party. Hmmm. I also have a shitload of cleaning to do. I was planning on getting a bunch done yesterday afternoon, but the universe had other plans, and that's the way life goes sometimes. Onwards and upwards.

Hope you all have a great week.

No comments: