Thursday, April 24, 2008

Busy Day (Relatively Speaking) After All

Did I say we had nothing on the agenda today? I lied.
I was feeling antsy this morning at the thought of being home all day (after being up for what felt like hours and doing a million things and discovering it was still only 9:30), and then I realized today was the day of the 2007 Austin Mamas weekly play date. I've been too chicken to go up till now, but I'd promised TJ (and myself) that I was going to go soon. So I decided today was as good as any. And wow, I'm glad I did. There were somewhere around ten gorgeous babies and mamas there. (And I noticed a few liberal bumper stickers on the way to the house from the car. Always nice to see.) I hope we'll keep going. I think it's good for both of us. Those types of social situations stress me out in the beginning. Being shy (at first) and especially being a stutterer makes meeting new people and talking in a group setting daunting. But we did it, and I think the first time is usually the hardest.

After we left we ended up meeting Catherine at Central Market. (She and Shannon had eaten lunch there.) We sat in the car while E slept, and then after he woke up we went inside and I got some food and we sat at an outdoor table and talked until she had to leave for acupuncture.

It was a good afternoon.

No comments: