Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sleep Stuff

Eamon had such a hard time going down tonight. We rocked him multiple times. I was so sad for him. It started when we were sitting out front. I had just put him down and he was out like a light. We weren't going to be outside long (fifteen minutes, twenty at most). We didn't think there was any chance he would wake up, and we didn't take a monitor out with us. I thought about checking on him several times while we were outside and should've trusted my instincts. When we went inside, sure enough, he was crying. Oh, did I run up those stairs. We won't be making that mistake again.

This week, E has only taken two thirty minute naps (less today) within a twelve hour period, and then he's crashed at 6:00 p.m. In anticipation of this I've been feeding him dinner at 5:00 instead of 6:00 and doing his bath at 5:30. He's slept through the night for the most part, waking up at 6:00 a.m. instead of 7:00.

I'm always trying to note routines and patterns, but in reality things are always changing. New patterns emerge for a time, only to be replaced and then replaced again. I know, I know: that's parenthood. But it does seem like a major shift happened around the time we got home from our trips. He's never slept through the night as often as he has since then. That'll all fly out the window once teething really hits, though, or so I hear.

There are so many other things I want to write about here, but I'm too tired, as usual. A reporting on sleep patterns is the best I can do.

No comments: