Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Anniversary of the Bobble Head, Visit from Gramma, Cloth Diapers are Acquired


TJ gave me this monkey bobble head for our anniversary. There's a place behind the monkey's head where I can put a picture. (Of who, I wonder?) He also got me a super funky necklace and a ring that matches. They're fabulous. My gift sort of sucked in comparison. Oh well. I vow to do better next year. He's so hard to buy for. I think I need to plan my gift for him way in advance.

We had a nice anniversary evening. We all went to Central Market in the late afternoon and got a Porterhouse steak and a piece of turtle cheesecake and a cantaloupe to have with some prosciutto, which we used to order as an appetizer at this one restaurant in DC. It's heavenly. We had the steak with frozen green beans and a sweet potato, both of which we already had at home. After dinner we exchanged gifts and I printed out some old emails and an IM between us from 2002. They were crazy to read. I think we sound like completely different people. I also printed out our vows and we read them to each other.

TJ flew to DC the next morning (yesterday) for work, and he's coming home sometime after midnight tonight. I've missed him, especially last night when I got up at 4:00 with Eamon and didn't realize at first that he wasn't next to me. My stepmom Gwen came over at the end of the day yesterday and spent the night. We had a great visit, and Eamon had lots of fun with Gramma, which made me happy. I was glad they got some quality time together. She fed him solid food last night and helped bathe him, and this morning they played together while I went back to bed for an hour (so nice). Then she put him down for his nap (and he went down easily with her, I was glad to see).

She left about 11:30 this morning, and E and I went to the Austin Baby Store in the afternoon to find out about cloth diapers. We've been using disposables up until now, but I'd like to switch to cloth during the day, especially since we're home most of the time. They were out of size medium in Fuzzi Bunz and Bum Genius, so I got six prefolds and two covers to start with, and they'll call when they get more of the other kind in. The prefolds have to be washed five times before they can be used, so that's what I'm in the process of doing now. They sent me home with some special detergent to use as well as a page of washing instructions. I'm excited to try it out.

Well, I'm surprised this post makes any sense. I'm so tired I can hardly see straight.
Must . . . go . . . to . . . bed.

No comments: