Saturday, July 19, 2008

Something That Hasn't Happened in a Long Time

Yesterday E and I took a little snooze in the afternoon while he nursed. I remember this happening in January (or thereabouts) quite a bit, when he was between three and four months, but it gradually stopped, and then around six months we got more militant about him taking naps in his crib and I wouldn't let him sleep on me for long. His afternoon nap was only thirty minutes yesterday (also reminiscent of the good ol' days), and he nursed when he got up. I was in la-la land after only getting about 2.5 hours of sleep the night before (not all E's fault), and lo and behold we both drifted off for about half an hour. I came to a few times and looked down at him in a haze, feeling thankful--for getting to share one more moment like this with him, for being able to close my eyes and get some rest.

No comments: