Monday, August 4, 2008

Maybe there's something to this thyroid thing.

I'm really dragging. Zero energy. I feel blah. Irritable. Overwhelmed. Totally unprepared to deal with crawling. (Everyone tells you it's a different world, and it's true--in great ways, I'm sure, but right now I feel like I can't keep up.) I don't feel this blah all the time, but I think I often do and I just ignore it. Yesterday was the worst.

I talked to my mom this morning and asked her about hypothyroidism, because I thought I remembered her being diagnosed many years ago. Sure enough, she was, and is still treated for it. So that was interesting. She said she felt more alert and happier after she started taking medication for it. Fascinating. And she lost weight, which is what often happens. I can't imagine that I'd lose weight--that would be a little nuts at this point (but kind of intoxicating in a sick way).

No comments: