Friday, August 15, 2008

Tomorrow's Wedding

My stepbrother is getting married tomorrow. It's going to be interesting. There has been a lot of drama and weirdness associated with this wedding (more than usual for a wedding, trust me), though luckily we have not been directly involved with much of it.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing that are better left unexpressed . . .

And oh, yes, Fletch (my stepmom Gwen's mother) will be there. I plan to stay far away from her, which will probably be easy since I know she won't voluntarily interact with me. I have been the "bigger person" (as my dad would say) on multiple occasions in the past, but it's wasted energy. She's the most toxic person I've ever known, and I feel sorry for her children.

Oh, do I sound bitter? Oops.

Okay, I promise I'm going to try to just give myself over to the day, live in the moment, be happy and optimistic for all involved, and feel thankful for the love and generosity that I know will be present in every corner of the room. My parents have worked incredibly hard to make this happen, and I hope it's a beautiful experience for them, especially for Gwen.

No comments: