Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Swim Schedule, No More Pumping

We've decided on a gym schedule. We're going to go Mondays and Wednesdays at lunchtime and take turns swimming laps while the other feeds E. Then we'll go one other time over the weekend. That's the most we can do right now, realistically. We might see about leaving him in the child care center at the Y and swimming at the same time--on Monday I recognized one of the child care providers and later placed her as a doula who sat in on our Bradley class last summer (and is an Austin Mama). That immediately made me feel more comfortable with the idea of leaving E there. Also, even though there are lots of older kids in the room, it looks like there were plenty of people to hold the non-mobile babies.

I'll also be going Friday mornings starting this Friday for a month of parent/baby swim lessons. I think it's going to be hilarious. I wonder if they'll teach us how to get them to hold their breath and go under water. That would be fantastic.

I'm feeling better about the cycle/breastfeeding stuff. Still a little uneasy, but better. I do think that E's cold caused my supply to drop and precipitated the return of my cycle. Suddenly I no longer have to pump at night, which is something I've been working towards a long time, so I guess I'm mostly happy about it. Yes, I am happy about it, what am I saying? I don't have to pump anymore! I'm free! And this morning we took down the drying rack next to the sink, which freed up a bunch of counter space. Cheap thrills.

No comments: