Tuesday, June 10, 2008

E fights a cold, Bill and Mary leave, house is blessedly peaceful

I'm not sure what's going on with Eamon. His temperature was around 100 degrees last night (not bad), and we were up and down with him all night, but by the morning the fever was gone and he was in great spirits. Around 11:00 this morning, he started feeling warm again (and whimpering a little like last night, so pitiful), but his other symptoms seem mild. The only noticeable one is a dry cough. I went to Target earlier and bought a humidifier and saline drops, etc., so that we're prepared for a cold if that's indeed what he has. So far he's fighting it off very well. He's asleep right now. This is his third nap today; the other two were short.

TJ and I are supposed to go see the Indigo Girls at Stubb's tomorrow night and my parents are set to come babysit. I really hope we get to go.

TJ took his parents to the airport this afternoon following a morning that did not lack for entertainment. I won't go into it all, but basically they ended up getting in a fight and it ended with Mary saying, "Guess how important you are in my life, Bill?" "Not very," Bill replied. "That's right," Mary said. TJ told them it was an inappropriate discussion for them to be having in our living room. They are Too Much. I honestly don't know why they stay married. They're miserable together (Bill's miserable regardless) and they harbor some serious resentment towards each other. Mary's always telling stories about what a jerk Bill is (stories going back 47 years, not that she's counting or anything!), and Bill is usually present when she tells the stories. It's uncomfortable. Meanwhile, he's always berating her for spending money and making travel plans that he wants no part of. And when they're home he plays poker every night while she sits home feeling lonely and hurt. It's messed up.

I'm going to try not to post much in the next few days (though I expect I'll post some pictures at the very least). I need to focus on putting the house back together, grocery shopping and meal planning, getting ready for Father's Day, and some other things.

Hmmm. I hear E coughing in there. It sounds like his cough is getting worse. Oh dear.

p.s. I swam ten lengths at the Y yesterday (Mary and I went). It was hard (sad but true) but it felt amazing. I feel like every muscle in my body got a workout. I'm a little sore today, but in a good way. I think we're going to try to go together and trade off hanging out with E while the other one swims. The child care center looks like it has too many big kids in the summertime for our little guy.

No comments: