Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Early morning, good nap, reaching

Well, last night wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Once the Tylenol set in, E slept until 1 a.m. and then till 5:30. Unfortunately, he was up for the day then. I got TJ up at 6:00 after nursing and went back to bed until 7:30. I usually can't fall back asleep, but I did doze on and off. For the millionth time, I have to thank my lucky stars that TJ has a new job and is present in our house again. I look back now and wonder how we did it.

This afternoon, I heard E wake up from his nap, so I hurriedly finished the dishes I was doing downstairs and ran up to get him. He'd been crying off and on for maybe a minute, but by the time I reached his door, all was quiet. And stayed that way. He stopped so suddenly I was imagining some freakish way that he could've suffocated or hung himself on his crib or something. I opened the door quietly and found him asleep on his tummy with one of his legs stuck awkwardly through the side of the crib, all the way up to his thigh. Poor guy. I didn't disturb him because he was sleeping peacefully and clearly okay, but I'll be glad when the breathable crib bumper I ordered arrives.

One last thing. Eamon reached out for me today for the first time. We'd gone to meet my stepmom and my stepbrother and his new wife, and Grandma had taken E. I was standing next to her, and he reached both his arms out and lunged towards me. I've seen babies do this a million times, but never my own. Aw, shucks. It was pretty cool.

No comments: