Thursday, May 15, 2008

Night Out

I had a wonderful time with Catherine and Shannon last night. It felt good to be somewhere by myself, talking about regular stuff, and not feeling like a mama every second. Eating and drinking wine without interruption. And TJ and Eamon did fine here. TJ didn't even attempt a bottle this time (or a cup with breastmilk, which we'd talked about trying but probably would've been futile), he just put him down after he'd fed him dinner and bathed him. E wasn't into being rocked, so TJ put him down before the first song was even over (I often do the same thing). He said E cried a bit but was asleep in less than ten minutes. So then TJ got several hours to himself, and he spent the time being a real guy's guy. He ordered Pizza Hut pizza and wings and played a video game until it made him sick. (Playing this game nauseates him, but it doesn't keep him from playing it, which really cracks me up.) We agreed that my monthly night out is a win-win for everyone. TJ gets time alone with Eamon, which he LOVES, and he gets time to himself as well. And I get time with my girls, whom I adore.

Eamon did wake up at 1:30 and 5:00, so it wasn't a banner night, but it could've been worse. I didn't think he was going to go back to sleep at 5:00. I ended up putting him down awake and could hear him making sounds in there, but he didn't cry, and eventually he fell asleep and didn't wake up until 7:00.

No comments: