Sunday, May 11, 2008

May 11, 2008


I've had a wonderful Mother's Day. TJ took E to the store this morning, which meant I was alone at home. It was sublime. When they got back, he cooked Denver omelettes and bacon and English muffins for breakfast. It was such a special treat. We've been together six years and I had no idea he knew how to make omelettes. Is there anything the man can't cook?! In the afternoon we went up to the Round Rock Outlets and got a few things for E at Carter's, then we drove to Vin Bistro off 38th Street and sat on their patio for a late lunch. The weather was gorgeous. Since then we've been home, just puttering around. We're about to watch the movie DEATH ON THE NILE.

I was surprised by how special and different today felt. It felt a little like a birthday. I felt appreciated and loved by my guys, and just in awe to be holding a baby in my arms. Last year on Mother's Day, I felt Eamon kick for the first time. Small, delicate flutters here and there. I look at him now and I know that was him in there--I know it, but I can't comprehend it. Life is a miracle. I'm so thankful and humbled that I get to be the mother of this beautiful new person. This particular soul.
Eamon Francis.

No comments: