Friday, May 16, 2008

This and That

E napped until 5:00 p.m. yesterday. I was about to wake him up when he woke up on his own. As a result of the late nap, he didn't go to bed until 7:45, wayyyyy later than usual. He woke up a few times early in the night, then at midnight and 5:00, but he went back to sleep until 7:45 this morning, wayyyyy later than usual. I guess our whole schedule is off, not that it really matters. It's almost 11:00 now and he's napping. We're going out to lunch today with TJ to this place called the Taco Deli that we used to go to when TJ worked near there and I went to prenatal yoga around the corner.

Eamon has started babbling in earnest. The main sound right now is "Da." "Da-da-da-DA-DA-DA!" he says, starting softly and gradually getting louder until he's yelling. Or sometimes he switches it up and starts out yelling and ends up whispering. Oh my God, it's funny. Such a sweet little voice.

I was hoping to take him to a storytime this morning that I found out about recently, but it turns out it would've conflicted with his morning nap today, so we stayed home. Maybe next Friday.

Oh, we're learning sign language, by the way. I'm excited. I ordered a Baby Signing Time DVD and it came this week. So far we've learned eat/food, drink, water, cereal, cracker, juice, all done, cat, dog, and horse. Now I need to get in the habit of incorporating the signs into everything we do. It's amazing when a baby knows sign language. My friend's little girl (who's almost two now) was able to communicate with her mama before she could actually speak. She could tell her when she wanted more of something and could even sign things like "apple" if she wanted something specific. Pretty cool.

No comments: