Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh, my God. Teething.

It's hit with a vengeance. We're only a day into the serious stuff, and I'm already about to lose my mind. We were up alllll night last night with E. It was MISERABLE. Poor guy. And he's not napping much today. When he's awake he's irritable and fussy and needs to be entertained constantly. We've already done everything there is to do here in every room, played with every toy, sung every song, read a million books. We're going to have to get out of the house before I lose it. When he was up last night, he was wide awake. That's never been the case for his night wakings. Ugh.

This morning when I ran my finger over his gums, I felt the tiniest prick of a tooth, sharp as a razor blade.

One of the moms at the play group I went to the week before last said she felt like teething was a secret boot camp that no one prepares new parents for. True dat.

No comments: